Monday, May 19, 2008


We are home and things are slowly getting back to normal. As you can see, Emma has been coloring (mostly herself) and Aiden has been building lego robots and fighting battles in a galaxay far far away. He wanted me to take a picture of "all his guys fighting" All the bad guys are on one side, and all the good guys are on the other.
I've been trying to get back into my mojo. But our house is upside down right now. We've been putting together a big-girl bed for Emma. we've had extra furniture clogging up our hallways for several weeks while making the switch. now, it's just a matter of getting the old crib out into the garage, and re-arranging a few other things around the house....It's a lot more work than it seems it should be. I think the end is in sight though and soon we'll be functioning normally again.
I'm really looking forward to this weekend. We are taking our bikes and heading to the family cabin in Island Park Idaho. (just outside of West Yellowstone) Usually this is a 'priesthood' trip. All the guys go to open the cabin for the season. But it's also our anniversary. Though I've agreed to let him go in the past (on the condition that he takes me on a REALLY GOOD DATE when he gets home) this year, I wanted to be with with him. So, the kids and I have invited ourselves to come. Having new bikes didn't hurt either. I guess my Mother in law is in the same boat. She's coming too. In fact, I think the whole family is coming. This will be the first year that we'll be taking Emma in the canoe to float down the river. I think she'll love it, and I'm really excited. Maybe I'll even get to join in the fishing a little this time too. We'll see. All in all, it's a beautiful and relaxing place.

1 comment:

Rencher Fam said...

Island Park sounds so fun! I wish you luck in getting your house back in order. I am painting right now and can relate to your situation! :)
We had so much fun with your kids last week!!