Do you remember the old eighties commercials about E.F.Hutton? They used the slogan "When E.F. Hutton talks, people listen." Well, I am the anti-E.F.Hutton. When I talk, people don't listen. Even to the point that I've been accused of lying, simply because people weren't listening when I told them something. I don't know what it is. Perhaps I lack a certain charisma. It is a strange phenomena. For years I've been complaining about it to my husband, who coincidentally--didn't really listen. Until recently. Upon returning from a social gathering he told me that he paid special attention to this and exclaimed to me "It's true! I never believed it, but it's true! You could be talking mid-sentence and people just walk away or start talking about something else as if you're not even there! It's the most amazing thing I've ever seen!" yeah. amazing. Like I've been telling him all along. At least I have a witness now. Blogging may not be verbal. But at least I get to type a whole sentence, and I don't have to know if someone stops reading in the middle of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I read all the way to the end.
Ive noticed that to and it is anoying the worst part is when you do it yourself and then later your like oops. but it is even more anoying when it is people you have a hard time getting along with. and all you do is try and they still don't care.
Thanks geezee -- I appreciate that!:)
I read the entire thing too Sue! I could never get tired of listening to you!!
Post a Comment