Tuesday, March 25, 2008

REASON FOR BLOGGING #2and #3


These are pictures of my dear sweet husband. He works a lot. Which means I am home alone with the kids a lot. Don't get me wrong--I am deeply grateful that he works so hard because it allows me to stay home with kids. I love my kids, and that's where I WANT to be, where I need to be, and where I LOVE to be. Still, There are times when every Mommy needs a little bit of adult conversation. That brings me to reason #2 for blogging. I can talk with real grown up words. It also brings me to reason #3. I can also read other people's blogs. My sister's friends call it stalking, but I call them my imaginary friends....They are blogs you read of people you don't know and have never met. I have several imaginary friends now. They are the perfect friendships for busy Mommies. They are ON DEMAND friendships. They never call you when you're in the middle of changing a diaper, or cleaning lunch off the walls. You go to them on your own time. And if you hear a blood curdling scream in the middle of your 'conversation' with them, you can leave mid-sentence with out offense to return to it at your leisure. And perhaps most lovely, you don't have to put any effort into the relationship. It can be all take and no give. which is a good thing for Mommies who use all their energy chasing little ones. I also have to admit with that statement that I am a 'lurker' that means I read the blogs, but I never leave comments. yep. It's the perfect set up for Mommies to keep their sanity while never leaving home, or the presence of their beautiful screaming children. Isn't technology wonderful? If you would like to get some imaginary friends of your own, you can check out my list on the right. I highly recommend m.writes for wonderful uplifting thoughts and pretty pictures, and celia fae for real true tell-it-like-it-is side splitting Mommy candor.(I especially like her easter post about the 'Good Enough' Mom) enjoy. Let's face it...Blogging is cheaper than therapy!  (P.S. I really do LOVE and APPRECIATE my real life friends too! that's just a different post for a different day! )

1 comment:

The Roz's said...

i must admit i'm a lurker, but i never knew it. ha ha!