and, I can't fail to report the results of the much anticipated design competition. drum roll please..........I made it through the first round! Hooray for me! They posted all the winning mini kits as downloadable freebies on their site. If you are interested, click here to go to Little Dreamer Designs.com then look in the Gallery for apprentice freebies. You must be a registered user to see them, but registration is free. I decided to follow my heart and go with the Rockstar line in the end, and I think it was a good choice. It was a little different than most of the other submissions, so I think it stands out a little bit. Now, that I've made it in, I'll have four weeks worth of 'challenges'. I got the first one today. I must make a set of 4 elements or embellishments. 1 glitter,1 metal, 1 stitching, and 1 of my choice. They sent a tutorial movie along with it to teach how to make elements. I'm really excited. I've been wanting to learn that for quite a long time now. I've found that at this point, I don't really care if I win or not. I'm just excited to learn all these great things. I really miss all the art classes I took in college. I always thought it was so much fun to get an assignment and see all the different solutions to the same problem, and all of them so beautiful. This is the same type of situation. So fun!
Tomorrow Emma will go to preschool for the first time. She's going for a 'visit'. She'll do that once a week until she actually starts on the 27th. I know she's going to love it. But I wonder how well I'll be able to adjust to having BOTH my kids out of the house at once! I didn't expect this to happen so soon. I've got plenty to do to fill the time, but it will take some getting used to I think.

2 comments:
oh it looks like he had such a great time. what a super smile. congrats on the first cut. i (we) knew you could do it! keep us posted and good luck! orange spaghetti??? i think you have a little 'splainin' to do? what in the world!?!
The boys had the time of their lives at Aiden's party! Thanks for letting them come...and sorry if they were a little too rambunctious! Congrats on making the first cut. THere was never a doubt in my mind that you would make it. Good luck with your new challenges!!!
Post a Comment