On a lighter note, I had a great adventure yesterday. I received a call at 5:30 a.m. and jumped into the car to get to St.Marks hospital in Salt Lake as quickly as I could. You see, my sister was there--having a baby. She had asked me to come take pictures (not of anything private or yucky) of the baby BRAND new. One of my business purchases this year was a fancy new camera to use with my graphic design. I don't really know how to use it well yet, but in the meantime, I hope photoshop will help a bit. anyway, I got in the car to rush to the hospital, and wouldn't you know? I stopped for 2 trains, went through 3 construction zones, and hit nearly every red light. Thank heavens she was still pregnant when I got there. We waited in the labor and delivery room a few hours for nature and the baby to do their thing. I looked at the epidural and I shouldn't have. That is a HUGE needle, and my toes are still curled! It was weird to me to realize that even though I am a mother with kids (notice the plural) I don't know what anything in that room is. I looked around in wonder at all the tools and gadgets. And after witnessing a regular labor and delivery, I'm GLAD that I am destined to have only c-sections. The epidural is the hardest part for me....recovery is slow. (about 6 weeks) but I think its worth it just to skip the labor. "Baby Brother" as they are calling him so far, (hasn't got a real name yet) was born at 11:20 a.m. yesterday. He was 8 pounds 6 ounces and 20 inches long. he has dark hair and dimples like his daddy. I won't post any pictures because they are not mine to share. But I'm grateful to have had the experience. and just so you know, I stayed near my sisters head. She and I both were fine with me having a very limited view of her you-know-what.
Friday, April 18, 2008
Admittance to Failure.
On a lighter note, I had a great adventure yesterday. I received a call at 5:30 a.m. and jumped into the car to get to St.Marks hospital in Salt Lake as quickly as I could. You see, my sister was there--having a baby. She had asked me to come take pictures (not of anything private or yucky) of the baby BRAND new. One of my business purchases this year was a fancy new camera to use with my graphic design. I don't really know how to use it well yet, but in the meantime, I hope photoshop will help a bit. anyway, I got in the car to rush to the hospital, and wouldn't you know? I stopped for 2 trains, went through 3 construction zones, and hit nearly every red light. Thank heavens she was still pregnant when I got there. We waited in the labor and delivery room a few hours for nature and the baby to do their thing. I looked at the epidural and I shouldn't have. That is a HUGE needle, and my toes are still curled! It was weird to me to realize that even though I am a mother with kids (notice the plural) I don't know what anything in that room is. I looked around in wonder at all the tools and gadgets. And after witnessing a regular labor and delivery, I'm GLAD that I am destined to have only c-sections. The epidural is the hardest part for me....recovery is slow. (about 6 weeks) but I think its worth it just to skip the labor. "Baby Brother" as they are calling him so far, (hasn't got a real name yet) was born at 11:20 a.m. yesterday. He was 8 pounds 6 ounces and 20 inches long. he has dark hair and dimples like his daddy. I won't post any pictures because they are not mine to share. But I'm grateful to have had the experience. and just so you know, I stayed near my sisters head. She and I both were fine with me having a very limited view of her you-know-what.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Cant wait to see your pictures (hope you post them!). Here's how the vacation works....you leave your house and all things associated therein LOL! Girl you need a get-away!
I LOVE the curtains Sue! What a cute kitchen! I agree with Rebecca..you need Bub to whisk you away...far far away!!:)
Post a Comment