Sunday, April 6, 2008

IT IS FINISHED.

Thank Heavens. It is finished. I finally completed my kit for the Little Dreamer Design competition. This last challenge was all about texture, and making your own texture. The assignment was to make a full size kit. I really really missed using my Mr. Retro filters. I use them ALL THE TIME in my designing. The rules said "You may not use any designer commercial use items in the creation of your kit for this round. You may use any filters, plug-ins, or brushes that you would like." I thought that Mr. Retro filters fell into the category of 'commercial use' designer products. Especially since they provide some great texture. But, as I was looking through all my contest papers while downloading the final product, I noticed a page listing Mr. Retro as filters and plug-ins....so now I'm dying inside thinking that I probably could have used them, and why didn't I look at that paper sooner?!!! I struggled. and I mean STRUGGLED to texture all those things myself. What a pain in the neck! I spent the whole first half of the week taking pictures of textures, making painted textures, distressing things, I even scanned Bub's corduroy pants just for the texture! (you'll see them on the colorful paper with diamonds) So, even though I baited you, and teased you by saying that I would post more hints about my project...I didn't. I simply didn't have the time. I apologize. But to let the cat out of the bag: It's a Story time theme, with the coolest ever 'element': I drew and painted a paper doll with different clothes and accessories that can either be used to decorate scrapbook pages, OR you can print it out in black and white to color yourself, cut out and actually play with! She's a customizable illustration. If you would like to "vote" for me, which means to purchase my kit, it will be on sale tomorrow morning (Monday April 7) at littledreamerdesigns.com in the shoppe. It will be on sale for one week at a sweet little price of $2. At this point, winning might be neat. (Yes, I think my final product would have turned out much nicer -and a lot easier- with my Mr.Retro filters) But when all is said and done, I know I've done my best. Mistakes and all. And I'm really proud of myself for making it this far. I'm even more proud of myself just for having the guts to step out of my comfort zone and TRY. All is well. What ever the outcome is, it will be well too.

No comments: