Tuesday, April 8, 2008


I just had to post this fun picture that Emma drew. It's something I will always remember. While I was busy drawing,painting and coloring the paper doll for my last kit -- Emma wanted to be right there next to me coloring too. So I put her in her high chair with a stack of paper and a fist full of crayons and this is what she colored. For about and hour, maybe longer, we both sat and colored in the kitchen together. Just me and my little girl. I loved it. I'll remember it forever.

So what will I do now that I'm done with the competition? I'm going on vacation!

Every single person in my husband's family has worked at Franklin Covey in some capacity over the years. One of the things Franklin preaches about in their "What Matters Most" seminar is to make time for yourself. You are supposed to schedule an appointment with yourself in your planner and treat it like any other appointment you might have. If someone tries to schedule something during that time, you are supposed to say "Sorry, I've got an appointment then." So, in that same spirit--I am going on vacation for the next two weeks. Of course I am a mother and my idea of a vacation is much different than many others. Here is where I will insert:

YOU MIGHT BE A MOTHER IF..... Cleaning your house is a luxury.

There are so many things around the house that I've wanted to do for so long, and just never get done. I've started plenty of them several times, but with a super busy schedule and a house full of kids and pets and a husband---well, you get the idea. So my vacation will be a time of no commitment to anybody else but me. And, I plan to do my spring cleaning. It will be absolutely delightful. *This is the disclaimer to let you know that I'm still aware that I live in the real world, and still intend to fulfill extenuating responsibilities such as taking the kids to school, and teaching my Sunday School lesson at church.

1 comment:

Rencher Fam said...

Good for you Sue. Hope that your vacation is great!