Monday, April 21, 2008

I LOVE TAX RETURNS!

This is my new toy. In one of my past lives (the one called high school & college) I was a mountain biker. Not a good, tough, or cool mountain biker. I was a little on the wussy side, working my way up. But, I loved it. Somewhere along the line, I quit doing it, and I've really missed it. So, my darlin' , being the good thoughtful darlin' that he is, took me to the bike shop and purchased a brand new bike for me. I was so excited and we got such a good price on last year's model, that he decided to get one for himself too. The trailer is "Emma's Chariot". We bought it with some of the ELKS money that was so generously donated to us a few months ago. We've been trying to be very careful about how we spend it. But we thought this would be a good way for her to get out and see the world and feel the wind through her hair. This morning, I tried it out for the first time by taking the kids to school. They both loved it. Emma giggled, and giggled, and giggled. And when I picked her up from preschool with it too, she got even more excited. I'm anxious to find some good bike trails around here now. And looking forward to memorial day in Island Park. We'd better hurry and fix the flat tire on Aiden's bike!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

i am so jealous. Nick bought a bike for me to ride, but he is still looking for him a bike, and we have a raincheck to Target to buy a bike trailer, but haven't found a store that has it in! It looks like so much fun! Where did you get your bike trailer?