Friday, April 11, 2008

TAGGED!

I was tagged by my friend (Ellen) to do this. I saw one like it that was '100 things about me' glad I didn't get tagged for that one. This one is much easier.

The A to Z's of Me

A - Advocate for: uhh...it's not really my thing to tell people what to do. But there are a few charities I am sympathetic to. The March of Dimes (premature births--I've had a bit of experience with that) also, the Childrens Justice Center (check it out here) Bub worked there for several years. I also have a real soft spot for animals.

B - Best Feature: I'm a pretty laid back girl. It's really hard to upset me or offend me.

C - Could Do Without: any sort of housework; cooking, cleaning, laundry,making beds,etc.

D - Dreams & Desires: Most of all, I want to be a good Mom, meaning I don't scar my children for life or drive them to future therapy in any way. But I'd also like to learn to 'get it all together'

E - Essential Items: paper & pencil at least, preferably my 'art bin' which is filled with all my colored pencils, watercolors,etc. (yes, I still haul that thing around with me when I travel.)

F - Favorite Pastime: drawing, though I'd like to get back into mountain biking. That used to be an awful lot of fun.

G - Good at: drawing....that's about it these days. I wish I could say I was good at being organized, keeping my house clean, teaching Gospel Doctrine, parenting, and many other things that plague me daily.

H - Have Never Tried: Snow boarding (except off my roof once--I'd love to try it for real though)

I - If I Had a Million Dollars: I'd buy a ranch style house (in a certain special place) that Emma could get around in using her wheelchair. I'd also buy a mini-van. Then, I think I'd try to do nice things for other people so I could have some fun "Elks-style"

J - Junkie For: art supplies, baked goods, big plastic storage bins (I think they'll make me organized, but they don't!...yet.)

K - Kindred Spirit: probably anyone who reads this blog. Otherwise it would bore you to death!

L - Little Known Fact: I was once banned from Kentucky Fried Chicken (different story for a different day.) I also have never had a cavity.

M - Memorable Moment: so many...when I first knew that Bub would be my husband, The births of my three children, losing my parents, a certain prayer being answered, asking people at the visitor center if they would like to take a 'whore' instead of what I meant, which is asking them if they'd like to take a TOUR.....I'd better stop now.

N - Never Again Will I: wear flip flops on the roof, think a child's behavior is due to bad parenting, try to make Mary's corn chowder. (see previous post on the SOUP GODS--sometime in October)

O - Occasional Indulgence: Long hot bubble bath, looking good, buying clothes & shoes & make up etc. for myself.

P - Profession: Mommy, artist.

Q - Quote: my current favorite: "There is no way to be a perfect mother, but there are a million ways to be a good one."

R - Reason to Smile: my kids--everything about them. My darlin' (Bub) and Dogs in school buses.

S - Sorry About: telling a lie to Kari Brown in high school, not getting all the thank you notes written for my wedding. (I really am thankful though)

T - Tag Some Friends: umm...I have to think about who even reads my blog....that would be Jen, Ditto, Emily, Rachael, Rebecca, and Buzz the Elk -- if you're still reading. (To be tagged means "You're it!" It's your turn to answer all these questions.)

U - Uninterested In: Going on a cruise, being famous, climbing Mt. Everest., sky diving, bungee jumping.

V - Very Scared Of: Being a single mother.

W - Worst Habit: so many.....not doing the dishes right after dinner, eating sugar, squeezing the toothpaste from the middle instead of the bottom, watching TV (though it's all been Dora lately, so I think maybe I've broken that habit.)

X - X Marks My Ideal Vacation Spot: ah, I've got a list! Ireland, Nantucket, CanCun, A church history trip, Banff Canada, Europe in general, the Redwoods....need I go on?

y-ummmm... I think donuts are yummy. I have a general weakness for all sweets that are baked. also, I love a good cheeseburger and fries. (can you tell why I've put on weight over the years?)

Z - Zodiac Sign: taurus....don't know what it means to be a taurus though. Not into zodiac.

1 comment:

ellen said...

yay! you did it! and i love that you did a "y" very creative. and you know that i feel your pain about the wedding thankyous! i just love you! and your sweet family too! gotta hear about that answer to a prayer someday!