Monday, July 14, 2008

I'm getting back on the FLY LADY wagon today. I did really well for a while, then hit personal crisis and fell apart. So, it's time to start over. If you'd like to follow along with me, you can click here, go to flylady.net or just keep reading. I'm going to try to post each step each day.

Fly Lady starts out with loving,kind words of encouragement. A few key things to remember:
  • Your home did not get messy and cluttered overnight and it is not going to get clean in a day. (fly lady will teach you baby steps and simple routines to get it all under control)
  • You are not behind. There is no catching up to do. Just start where you are.
  • Don't listen to the negative voices in your head telling you that you can't do it. YOU CAN!
  • be patient with the process, and with yourself.
With that said and done, Your first task as a 'fly baby' is to go shine your sink. For Fly Lady's instructions on how to do that, click here.

I will add that shining my sink is just about ALL I'll be doing today. And it's okay because I'm not behind, and I don't have any catching up to do. I'll spend the rest of my time today watering the lawn (broken sprinklers) and designing a new kit! please leave a comment and let me know if you are going to start "FLYing" with me.

4 comments:

Nora Mair said...

Sushi I'm so impressed. My sink is shined too! I got a Lofthouse cookie for it, you deserve one too! Sic Narf is Francis spelled backwards. I read my history last night.

Anonymous said...

I used to do flylady and it helped me feel better about my house. I think I will start doing this with you. I'm off to shine my sink!

Robin said...

I'm in too! I need to be more organized especially after moving. I'll go shine my sink right now! Thanks for helping me get motivated!

Rachael said...

Sue, to be honest I looked at the "fly lady" website after you said you were starting it and totally got overwhelmed. I quickly hit the back button. maybe if I do it from your blog, it will be easier to handle!